Friday, March 12, 2010

Homesick? Me? Nope.

I am in Home 7 tonight: Huaraz, Ancash, Peru. I type this from the hostel that belongs to two sisters ... friends of mine ... with whom I pass a lot of time in Lima. They are great girls. They are Huaracinas. Most Huaracinos are great people. They are soft-spoken, they have a great sense of humor (quick to laugh, witty), and they work hard. They speak Quechua and love animals.

I will post photos soon, but just know: I'm happy and healthy and safe, and I can see the stars of the Southern Hemisphere, which always makes me glow.

If I had one wish for you tonight, it would be that you could have a place like this in another country - a place that you knew pretty well, where you have friends, where you can see the tallest mountain in Peru, or another amazing natural feature ... where you can feel at home in another world.

No comments:

Post a Comment