Sunday, July 11, 2010

Like a Virgin: Things I Haven't Done Since I've Lived in El Lay

Friends say that I've done L.A. up, having lived here for four years. That's a product of having gotten lost a lot, as well as having lots of cool, adventurous friends. I don't necessarily want to do all of the following; they're just examples of facets of the city I've yet to experience.

1. Biked the Los Angeles River


2. Visited MOCA 

3. Shopped at the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market

4. Seen the Rose Bowl floats, for that matter

5. Been to Disneyland (since I was 5 - not that I like Disneyland necessarily, but ...)



6. Seen TB's friend perform on the organ at the Our Lady of the Angels Cathedral downtown


7. Seen a taping of "Jeopardy"

8. Eaten at about 1,000 restaurants I want to try

9. Shopped on Rodeo Drive

10. Seen the tide pools in Malibu

11. Felt a biggish earthquake

12. Had a negative dangerous experience ...

I'm slipping into a territory I'd rather avoid: the yucky side of the city. As such, I'll stop, but the point of this entry is to remind myself and you that my adopted city is so jewel-laden that in a lifetime, I'll never be bored (unless I live forever because I choose to be cryogenically frozen, which I could do here too).

2 comments:

  1. If you're living in the eternal now, nothing is boring. Not that I can do that for more than a millisecond at a time. Still, where we are is just as rich and textured as somewhen else. Having said that, I DO love to travel!

    ReplyDelete